Fast, Fun, Fat Burning Workout You Can Do In Just 10 Minutes
Who likes cardio? Few of us … myself included to be honest, but cardio is essential for fat burning. A cardio exercise burns many more calories than a weight training workout, however, do not skip out on the weight-training because your metabolic rate remains elevated longer after weight training, resulting in shedding heaps of additional calories throughout the rest of the day.
My point is, when we integrate strength-training with cardio exercises, we will begin to see results quicker. Plus, just doing cardio won’t give you that attractive, toned body that you want.
A moderately paced cardio exercise will not provide you a lot of bang for your buck. The ideal cardio exercise to do is a HIIT session (High-Intensity Interval Training).
That’s what we are going to be doing today.
10 MINUTE FAT BURNING CARDIO WORKOUT
You do not have to use weights when you are just starting, but they are terrific when you are looking to develop muscle mass together with burning calories. Simply 3, 5, 8, or even 15-pound weights are fine. This is the weight set I recommend.
This is exactly how doing this workout will go. It’s 10 minutes, so you’ve got to push yourself hard and really make those ten minutes count.
We are going to be doing each workout below for 50 seconds each and take a 10-second break in between. That’s it. Super easy.
I recommend doing this exercise routine 2-3 times a week. Alright, let’s burn some calories!
TIP: You can additionally do mini-workouts throughout the day using these exercises. Or combine them with other 10 minute exercises to take your fat burning up a notch and tone your entire body.
1. JUMPING JACKS
Muscles Hit: Core, legs, hips, breast, arms, back, and also shoulders
Perform Jumping Jacks at a modest to rapid rate for 50 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds.
2. BUTT KICKS
Muscles Hit: Hamstrings and glutes
- Begin by standing with your feet about hip-distance apart, with your arms at your side.
- Slowly bring your right heel to your buttocks by contracting your hamstring muscle
- Place the ball of your right foot back on the ground, and slowly bring your left heel to your buttocks.
- Perform this motion a few more times — alternating heels and gradually building speed
Muscles Hit: Arms, breast, quads, hamstrings, glutes, and abs
- From standing, squat and place hands on the floor in front of you, just outside of feet.
- Jump both feet back, so you’re in a plank position.
- Drop to a push-up — your chest should touch the floor.
- Return to plank position. This can be a strict push-up, a push-up from the knees, or not a push-up at all.
- Jump feet back in toward hands.
Muscles Hit: Quads, glutes, hamstrings, calves, and even your core muscles
- Stand with your hands on the back of your head and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body down.
- Pause, then return to the starting position.
5. SHADOW BOXING
Muscles Hit: Abs, shoulders, upper body, back, calves, quadriceps
- Get right into a comfortable “fighting” stance.
- Pick a lead leg and beginning boxing.
- You can start by punching straight ahead at an invisible challenger.
- Feel free to throw in some uppercuts or hooks if you want to alter it up a bit.
- Repeat at a moderate to fast pace for 50 seconds.
- Relax for 10 seconds.
6. SIDE SHUFFLES
Muscles Hit: Calves, hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, and glutes
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart. Hinge/bend forward at the hips, knees bent, looking forward, chest lifted, and neutral spine. Hold your hands in loose fists in front of your chest.
- Move right using small quick shuffle steps for a determined amount of time – repeat movement to the left side.
- Continue shuffling right and left for a timed interval or determined amount of reps.
7. HIGH KNEES
Muscles Hit: Hips, calves, quadriceps, hamstrings, and butt.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Lift your left knee to your chest.
- Switch to lift your right knee to your chest.
- Continue the movement, alternating legs and moving at a sprinting or running pace.
8. RUSSIAN TWISTS
Muscles Hit: Entire core
- Sit on the floor and bring your legs out straight.
- Lean back slightly, so your torso and legs form a V-like shape, bracing your abdominal wall to engage your core.
- Keep your balance and twist your torso from side to side without moving your legs.
Final Fat Burning Workout Notes
Not everyone has time to spend 45 minutes or an hour in the gym exercising, with busy work schedules and family dramas always popping up it’s nice to have a short effective workout that you can do in just ten minutes.
This 8 exercise fat burning workout is perfect for anyone who wants to burn fat but doesn’t have the time to hit the gym. If you’re looking for a complete health, fitness, and nutrition routine to lose weight and keep it off check out Good Fun Health’s 6-Week Fat Loss Bootcamp here!