This recipe combines a thyme tincture with tea tree oil. The formulation has astringent, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties.
On-top of being an absolutely fantastic facial astringent for oily skin, it also works as an effective cure for acne, and can be used to soothe boils, cuts, scratches, insect bites, and other skin irritations. Simply apply it several times daily until the irritation or minor infection clears up.
Make Your Own Homemade Tonic For Oily Skin With These Easy Steps:
- Combine 1 cup plain vodka, with half a cup of dried thyme leaves with 24 drops tea tree essential oil in a half-pint or slightly larger jar.
- Screw on the lid.
- Set in a cool, dark cabinet to steep for 2 weeks – shake the jar each day.
- After 2 weeks, pour the liquid through a strainer lined with a coffee filter.
- Pour into an 8-ounce storage container (or a few smaller containers)
- Label the jar(s).
- Shake well before each application.
- Saturate a cotton ball or pad and apply tonic to face, throat, chest, shoulders, or back or to other parts of the body affected by irritations or minor-to-moderate infections. (Avoid the eye area)
- Use Daily as Needed.
- Do not refrigerate. Use within 2 years.
Note: Due to the alcohol content, this tonic may sting when you apply it – use caution on first use. Do Not Attempt if under the age of 21.